Makes: about 2 cups
bunch dandelion (about 1 pound or 6 cups packed)
cup sunflower oil
cloves garlic, sliced
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
cup pre soaked sunflower seeds
In This Recipe
- Clean, wash and slice dandelions into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat 1 cup oil, add sliced garlic and fry for 30 seconds when you smell garlic aroma add dandelions and cook 5-6 minutes, season with salt and black pepper.
- Take off the stove and cool to room temperature.
- Place into food processor and process 20-30 seconds, add sunflower seeds (soaked for 30-40 minutes in hot water) and process till you get the texture you like. Don’t pure completely.
- Pesto can be served on crostini, vegetable, with rice or pasta.