If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thai food is one of my favorites. The way they match all those amazing spices and flavors creates true masterpieces in the kitchen. Tom Kah Gai Soup, Papaya Salad, Pineapple Fried Rice.. and of course Mango Sticky Rice are so good that I can barely contain my excitement when I am about to walk into a Thai restaurant.
The only downside? Well, many times when you leave the table (or Thailand ;), you can’t help but feel a little heavy…
But what if we could have a healthy Pineapple Fried Rice that doesn’t make us feel guilty nor too full!?
This healthy gluten recipe is completely raw, gluten free and grain free as it’s made with “caulirice” (aka “cauliflower rice”), a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional rice. —Ambra Torelli
- 1 piece yellow Cauliflower
- 1/2 piece fresh Pineapple
- 10 pieces leaves of Thai Basil
- 1/4 cup of Cashews
- 2 pieces Broccoli Florets
- 1/4 piece Red Onion
- 1/2 piece Avocado
- 1/2 piece Lime (juice)
- 1 piece Himalayan salt
- 1 piece Curry Powder
- Remove the pulp from the pineapple shell. Dice the pineapple in small pieces and transfer them into a bowl to which you’ll add any juice that remain in the pineapple shell.
- To prepare the cauliflower rice, break the cauliflower into florets, cut them into smaller pieces and put half of them in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the first batch of ‘caulirice’ in the bowl and pulse the remaining florets.
- Still using the food processor, pulse together the broccoli, onion, cashews and basil and add this mixture to the bowl.
- Squeeze the lime over the cauliflower rice mixture, add in salt and curry and mix very well.
- Transfer the mixture in the pineapple shell and top it with diced avocado and some more whole cashews.