Author Notes: I created this dish because I love to feed my daughter healthy and creative foods. She loves cherries, chicken, brocolli and pasta, so I made one our of favorite recipes using cherries. It was awesome! She's four years old by the way :) Tough to get children to eat nutritious foods, but not in this house (we cook together). —Jenna Therese
- 1 cup Rigatoni, Fusili or Rotini Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Circular Sliced Carrots
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cherries Halved
- 1 tablespoon Finely Chopped Garlic
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 10 ounces Cooked Chicken Strips
- 1/4 - 1/2 cups Fresh Basil Strips
- Cook pasta according to package directions reserving 1 cup cooking water before draining.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add vegetables and chicken strips, saute 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 3-4 minutes until vegetable are tender.
- Toss with drained pasta, parmesan cheese, fresh basil and cherries, using reserved cooking water as needed.
- Sprinkle extra Parmesan Cheese over Prepared Meal, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries