If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A dinner salad version of my favorite avocado toast. —chezjewels
- 6 strawberries, coarsely hopped
- 1/2 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 1 cup chopped heart of romaine
- 2 slices toasted pumpernickel
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joe's champagne orange vinegar, or orange juice with a teaspoon or two of champagne vinegar mixed in
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili in adobo, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk together the vinegars, chili in adobo, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. In a bowl toss the chopped strawberries, avocado, romaine, and half the blue cheese together with the vinaigrette. Add the toasted pumpernickel and let it soak up some of the vinaigrette. Add the rest of the blue cheese. Serve.