If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves: 8 - 10
1/3 cup oil
250 gm. onions,thinly sliced
1 tbsp cumin seeds
Pinch of nigella seeds,optional
1 kg. okra/ladyfinger
2 tbsp crushed red chilies
2 tbsp. coriander seeds
1 tbsp salt or to taste
500 gm. tomatoes,finely chopped
- Wash the okra and pat dry with absorbent paper(it should be dry to cut).
- Discard top and end,slice okra crosswise into 1/2 inch thickness.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat and fry onions till soft.
- Add the okra,cumin seeds,nigella and stirring gently,continue frying for another 5 minutes(The okra should be a bright green color after this).
- Add remaining ingredients and cook,uncovered,on low heat till tender(Do not add water and don’t stir too much otherwise it will breakup).
- When the sticky texture disappears and it leaves oil,it’s done.
- Serve with Chapati/Naan.