Author Notes: Depending on the occasion, I have use a rice crust for my quiche recipes; this posting is an adaptation inspired after reading about them, long ago. I like adding a bit of cheese to the crust, changing the type to compliment my quiche ingredients.
Assemble the ingredients and bake the crust for 5 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Let cool while preparing the filling, if necessary turn up the oven temperature needed to bake the quiche.
Makes: 1 pie crust
Nonstick cooking spray
2 cups cooked rice (Lundberg’s short grain is my favorite to use)
1/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice, grated on the large holes of a box grater.
1 large egg white
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 10 inch pie pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together, the rice, cheese and egg white
- Press mixture over the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Cool while preparing filling.