If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a traditional way of cooking eggs and serving it with yogurt and the recipe goes back to the time of the Ottomans.. The sweetness of the poached eggs and the sourness of the garlic yogurt ,goes well with the dried chilli flakes & walnut butter on top. —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 4 Fresh Eggs
- 1 cup Turkish Yogurt
- 1 piece Garlic
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Dried Chilli Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 piece Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Corns
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Prepare you water to poach your eggs. Bring to a boil over high heat and add the vinegar.Lower heat to simmer.
- Stir to create a vortex in the water and gently add eggs one at a time by lowering the bowl into the water in the center gently .
- Cook for about 3 minutes for a soft yolk, about 4-5 minutes for a hard yolk. Place on a paper towel to drain excess water.
- Put the yogurt in a bowl add the mashed garlic and stir. Divide the yogurt in to serving plates.
- Over medium heat put butter in a small skillet. Melt the butter with the chilli flakes and crushed walnuts sizzle for 1-2 minutes until butter turns golden color.
- Place eggs on top of the yogurt and pour the spiced butter with walnuts on top of the eggs. Put flat leaf parsley add salt &black pepper red pepper corns and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner