If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baked & stuffed sweet potatoes have been on my to-make list for quite some time now. I finally got down to making some and I'm not sure why I waited so long - such an easy and fulfilling meal. After taking an Asian street food cooking class, I wanted to use the delicious peanut sauce that we made for my baked potatoes. I've decided that the ability to whip up a quick sauce is crucial to coming up with last minute meals. So I grabbed black beans, cilantro, made my peanut sauce + sprinkled on some crushed peanuts, crunchy banana chips & finished with a squeeze of lime. Sweet potato bliss! —Oat&Sesame
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 4-5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or soy sauce
- In a large bowl, mix the hot water, rice vinegar and sugar until completely dissolved.
- Add the sriracha and peanut butter. Whisk vigorously to emulsify. It will thicken as the sauce comes together and cools. If it's too thick, you can add a little extra hot water until you reach the consistency you desire.
- Add salt or soy sauce and taste. Add more sugar or sriracha if desired.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, baked
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 recipe peanut sauce, above
- 1/4 cup crushed roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped banana chips (optional)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- Bake the sweet potatoes. About 40 min at 400F depending on the size your potatoes.
- Prepare the peanut sauce and other toppings while the potatoes are baking.
- Cut the baked potatoes in half, score the flesh with a knife and top with black beans, peanut sauce, cilantro, peanuts and banana chips.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over the top!