Author Notes: You don't have to be embarrassed about eating a whole basket of chips when they're these chips. Great party dish, and subject to an infinite number of variations; these are my particular favorite, but let your imagination and your herb garden be your guide! —Kayb
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs of your choice
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan or other hard cheese
- salt to taste
- Peel and slightly crush garlic cloves. Poach in a small saucepan in olive oil to infuse oil.
- Slice squash on a diagonal, very thin. A mandoline is best, unless your knife skills are excellent.
- Remove garlic from oil, and toss squash chips in infused oil. Place in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake in a 400 degree oven until crisp and starting to brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with herbs and Parmigiano. Add salt to taste.
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium cucumber, seeds removed, grated
- Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate for an hour or so to let flavors combine. Serve as dip with squash crisps.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe