If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
It's a family recipe that has been handed down. - Hiker
It's a family recipe that has been handed down. - Hiker—Hiker
Food52 Review: It’s a cake. It’s a vegetable. What could be better? Hiker’s recipe calls for 3 squares of chocolate – I went with a dark unsweetened Ghirardelli, I assumed (correctly I think) that something of that sort was called for. I also used a bundt pan because that’s what I have. This is a great cake – not too sweet, with a dense moist sort of sponge texture. Chocolaty, but not overly so. Icing would be too much – we dusted with powdered sugar as recommended. - Aargersi —The Editors
Serves: 1 cake
pieces Chocolate squares
cups grated zucchini
cups sifted flour
1 & 1/2
teaspoons baking powder
tablespoon baking soda
- Melt chocolate and let cool
- Grease and flour tube cake pan
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Beat eggs til fluffy, add sugar 1/4 cup at a time
- Add oil and chocolate at low speed, mix well
- Next add dry ingredients.
- Add grated zucchini, mix well
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 min until center springs back, can also check with a toothpick
- Cool 15 min. then remove from pan
- This is moist enough that you can serve it without frosting. Dust with powdered sugar.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe