If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lucky eggs. I noticed I had a jar of porcini mushrooms packed in olive oil from eataly.com in my fridge and shortly after a neighbor gave me as a gift a jar of feta cheese also packed olive oil. How best to combine them? Eggs of course. Omelet please! But keep it simple. —pierino
Makes: one omelet
tablespoon feta cheese
tablespoon fresh thyme
slices fresh or oil packed porcini*
salt and pepper
- Get all your prep done because omelets cook fast
- Heat the butter in an omelet pan
- Beat together the eggs and the milk
- Add the eggs to the hot butter, keeping the pan in motion
- Add the porcini, feta and thyme
- Continue to shake towards the back of the pan
- Fold it over and plate it up, seasoning with salt and pepper
- *Available on-line through Eataly.com
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall