If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This looks like my favorite cafe sandwich...as an omelette! I'm no dietician, but on a low carb (low-happiness) diet, this can be quite satisfying. You could also put one half of this two-person omelette on a bun, pita or sandwich bread and eat it like a sandwich. —purduetina
- olive oil or butter (for omelette pan)
- 4-6 large eggs ( about 2-3 eggs per serving)
- 1 cup cooked (steaming hot!) chopped spinach
- 6 pieces deli-sliced turkey, thin or medium-thick sliced
- 4 pieces Swiss Cheese, thin sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil mayo (for basil mayo)
- 1/2 cup fresh, chopped basil (for basil mayo)
- Prepare omelette in a 10-12" pan, until eggs are mostly set and firm, not runny, unless you really want it that way.
- When the egg is firm, place half of the swiss cheese and turkey on one side of the omelette. (Later, the omelette will be folded in half).
- Place the HOT cooked, chopped spinach on top of the swiss cheese and turkey, breaking up any clumps into manageable pieces. (If using cold, refrigerated or frozen spinach, be sure to heat it up to steaming before adding it! You don't want a cold center to your omelette!) Finally, top the spinach side with the rest of the swiss cheese and turkey.
- Carefully fold omelette in half and cook a few minutes more. Flip one more time to cook other side until the cheese is melted nicely.
- For Basil Mayo. Mix fresh, chopped basil with olive oil mayonnaise. Enjoy omelette by itself, with basil mayo on the side, or as a sandwich.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner