If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Stuffed eggs piled high with spices and coconut —nykavi
- 5 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Coconut
- 1 small Onion
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Canola Oil
- Peel eggs and cut lengthwise in half. Gently remove yolks into a bowl. Mash them roughly.
- Mince onion and tomato finely.
- Heat oil in a nonstick saucepan. Add minced onion to hot oil and saute till light brown.
- Add chopped tomato, ginger garlic pastes and coconut to onions. Saute till tomatoes are soft and pulpy.
- Add turmeric, chile powder, Garam masala and salt to onions. Stir well for a few minutes till spices give out a fragrant aroma.
- Fold mashed yolks and chopped cilantro into onion mix, smoothing well till mix is smooth. Cool slightly.
- Divide yolk mix between egg whites. Mound the filling into whites.
- Heat remaining teaspoon of canola in the same saucepan.
- Gently slide filled eggs into oil and fry for a few minutes. Serve masala unda warm with a salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner