Author Notes: A Midwest girl, I was taught this recipe by a friend from Mississippi. Yummy and oh, so, easy! Comfort food at its healthiest best! —Amy Ann
Serves 2 people
- 2 medium zucchini
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- grated parmesan and romano cheese
- Peel and slice zucchini, cook in salted water until tender, and drain.
- In a small casserole dish, place half of the cooked zucchini and sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Spoon one tablespoon of tomato sauce and one tablespoon cottage cheese over zucchini.
- Repeat steps two and three, and top with grated parmesan and romano cheese.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is light brown and bubbling.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe