If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From southern Italy where the lemons are king —Chuck48
- 1 pound Fresh Pasta (Spaghetti)
- 1/3 cup Fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 Garlic cloves - minced
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmigiana-Regiano
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 handful chopped Parsley
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When boiling, add enough salt to make it salty.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add a tablespoon or so of olive oil. When warm, add the breadcrumbs and toast til golden brown. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a small bowl.
- In the same pan over low heat, cover the bottom of the pan with oil. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two. then remove from the heat
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and cheese
- Drop the pasta into the water and cook for a few minutes until al dente. Drain, reserving some of the pasta water and add to the skillet with the sauce.
- Toss with the sauce adding the bread crumbs, parseley and crushed red pepper flakes. Add pasta water, if needed to get a nice silky sauce.