Author Notes: A fun, edible way to decorate your plate or table; I like to skewer and grill zucchini - ribbon style and sometimes with cherry tomato. Before serving, a sprinkle of herbs, a drizzle of vinaigrette or olive oil adds a great finishing touch, the flavor possibilities are endless. These zucchini ribbons are great served raw, too, but I prefer them grilled. Tip: using a vegetable grilling pan for these or placed on foil makes them easier to handle.
Serves: as many as you planned for
Small to medium size zucchini
Herb(s) and flavorings of your choice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil spray (or cooking spray)
- Wash and chop off the ends of the zucchini.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel strips lengthwise. Turn as you reach the seeds. Discard the core.
- Skewer the strips ribbon style, refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Grill them over indirect heat, they won't take long so stay close by.
- Before plating, season the ribbons with herb(s) of your choice and lightly spritz with a vinaigrette or olive oil - flavors are endless and up to you.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Note: Using a vegetable grill pan or placed on foil works wonders because the ribbons like falling through the grill!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe