Author Notes: I found the cheese in a local market and thought it would go well with eggs, which it did. —caseyhettrick
extra large Eggs
teaspoon Fresh chopped Thyme
cup grated Machego Cheese
tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Finely chop shallot.
- Remove fresh thyme from stalks and chop.
- Grate desired amount of cheese.
- Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat then add butter.
- Once butter has melted add shallots and cook to carmelize, watching them closely.
- Break eggs into a small bowl, add thyme and water and wisk until well mixed and frothy, add to pan.
- As eggs cook, use a spatula to stir eggs in pan exposing more egg to pan surface.
- When eggs are no longer liquid, add grated cheese to eggs and fold in, adding fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Portion to plates when eggs have attained your desired level of doneness.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs