If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found the cheese in a local market and thought it would go well with eggs, which it did. —caseyhettrick
extra large Eggs
teaspoon Fresh chopped Thyme
cup grated Machego Cheese
tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Finely chop shallot.
- Remove fresh thyme from stalks and chop.
- Grate desired amount of cheese.
- Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat then add butter.
- Once butter has melted add shallots and cook to carmelize, watching them closely.
- Break eggs into a small bowl, add thyme and water and wisk until well mixed and frothy, add to pan.
- As eggs cook, use a spatula to stir eggs in pan exposing more egg to pan surface.
- When eggs are no longer liquid, add grated cheese to eggs and fold in, adding fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Portion to plates when eggs have attained your desired level of doneness.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs