If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe came from my father's family in Ohio. I have never found anyone else who does this with summer squash, but everyone loves it when they try it. —kdowns829
- yellow summer squash
- whole wheat bread
- black pepper
- optional: mayonnaise, tomato, lettuce
- Pour flour into a shallow dish. Pepper as desired.
- Slice summer squash thinly into rounds.
- Dredge in flour and pepper.
- Melt butter in skillet and fry squash until brown and crispy around edges. Drain and place on bread or toast. Dress with mayo, tomato, or lettuce as desired.