If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An alternative to fried huevos rancheros with a kick of heat from chipotles and homemade tomato salsa. —SoufflesandSawdust
tablespoons olive oil
cup chopped onion
cup chopped green bell pepper
clove garlic, minced
ground black pepper
chipotle in adobo, chopped
cup Monterrey Jack or Jalapeno Jack, divided
cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, garlic and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until the onions are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce into 2 individual serving dishes and stack the tortilla chips on their edges along the sides.
- Crack 2 eggs into each dish and sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese
- Set the dishes on a baking sheet and bake until egg whites are firm but yolks are still runny, about 15 minutes (or a minute or 2 longer if you want the yolks loose but not runny)
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve.