Author Notes: I love the combination love-tomato but in this recipe decided to bring the pine nuts out of the pesto and used them as a separate ingredient. Love the crunchiness they add to the pasta. —mattamouros
ounces cherry tomato
cup pine nuts
cup fresh basil
cup grated parmesan
tablespoons olive oil
- Cook the pasta in boiling water with salt until al dente and set aside.
- Put the basil, parmesan, olive oil and peeled garlic clove in the blender and mix until you have a puree.
- Wash and slice in half the tomatoes. Slightly toast the pine nuts in a skillet (it should only take a couple of minutes and be careful because they can burn pretty quick!).
- In a large bowl mix the pasta with the pesto, adjust the salt and top with the tomatoes and toasted nuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil