If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the combination love-tomato but in this recipe decided to bring the pine nuts out of the pesto and used them as a separate ingredient. Love the crunchiness they add to the pasta. —mattamouros
ounces cherry tomato
cup pine nuts
cup fresh basil
cup grated parmesan
tablespoons olive oil
- Cook the pasta in boiling water with salt until al dente and set aside.
- Put the basil, parmesan, olive oil and peeled garlic clove in the blender and mix until you have a puree.
- Wash and slice in half the tomatoes. Slightly toast the pine nuts in a skillet (it should only take a couple of minutes and be careful because they can burn pretty quick!).
- In a large bowl mix the pasta with the pesto, adjust the salt and top with the tomatoes and toasted nuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil