If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I added some nuts and shredded coconut to the mix as coconut helps with lactation and nuts keep you feelings full longer. I added chocolate because well…chocolate and Madecasse was nice enough to send me a box full of chocolate and baking goodies recently! The bread is super moist and the texture is to die for- moist, crunchy, chewy with pockets of melt-in-your-mouth dark chocolate hidden in between bites. My plan is to make a new loaf of bread every few days and keep slices of it on my night stand for those late night hunger pangs. I might add some fenugreek powder or chia seeds to the next batch as they are also helpful for lactation. Enjoy! —Milk and Cardamom
Makes 1 9x5 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil,melted
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Grease 9x5 loaf pan with butter and set aside
- Shred zucchini and place in a tea towel. Wring out all the water and set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and espresso powder
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, melted coconut oil, yogurt, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla extract until well combined
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Mix in shredded coconut, pecans, walnuts and chocolate
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 60-90 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Cool on rack for 15-20 minutes.