If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a version I adapted from a deli; I served it @ our July 4th bbq, and everyone wanted the recipe! —RelentLes
Serves 4 - 8
- 1 cup Quinoa
- One Coarsely chopped or sliced red onion
- 1 small container feta cheese
- One 8 oz. jar pitted Kalamata olives
- One 14 oz. jar artichokes hearts in water (or 2 small jars marinated). Chop coarsely.
- One handful Chopped fresh parsley (any type works fine)
- One to two cups Halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Homemade Lemon Basil vinaigrette
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. One cup will serve 4 people; double for 8.
- I use chicken broth for the liquid
- After quinoa is cooked to "fork fluffiness," transfer to a bowl to cool to room temperature.
- I use a basic French vinaigrette and add lemon zest & fresh chopped basil: (Sorry, I just put it together by sight to taste in a jar; thus all of the ? marks!): Olive oil – ½ cup (?) Red wine vinegar - ¼ Cup (?), Fresh lemon juice – 2 -3 tablespoons (?), Salt & pepper – fresh ground, 1 clove fresh pressed garlic, ¼ teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 2 tablespoons Fresh finely chopped basil, Shake well before use. You will obviously need more dressing for the larger size salad.
- Mix all of the ingredients to the quinoa after it has reached room temp. This salad is so yummy and it seems like you can eat a ton of it and not get full!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil