Author Notes: This hash is delicious all by itself, but when you add the egg, it’s even better. The herbs add a savory flavor that blends well with the egg. Leave the skin on the sweet potato for more texture and flavor. You could add some spice to this by adding some crushed red pepper flake or cayenne pepper. Make the hash ahead of time and then just make the egg in the morning to save time. This recipe would also make a hearty and quick dinner on a busy weeknight. —Ultimate Paleo Guide
Sweet Potato (diced)
Sprig Rosemary (stems discarded, minced)
Bell Pepper (minced)
Cracked Black Pepper
Sea Salt to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper. sauté about 3 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add the sweet potato. Lower the heat to medium, and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a plate and cover with foil while the egg cooks.
- In a nonstick skillet, add a bit of coconut oil, over medium high heat.
- Crack the egg into the skillet. Lower the heat to medium.
- Let the egg cook until it just begins to set but isn’t cooked through, and yolk is still runny.
- Uncover the sweet potatoes then use a spatula to carefully transfer the egg to the top of the hash.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve immediately.