If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Caramelized onions and crunchy almonds take standard green beans to another level. Don’t wait for the holidays to serve this; it deserves to be a year round dish. —Ultimate Paleo Guide
- 2 pounds Fresh Green Beans (trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cups Mushroom (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Almonds (sliced)
- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and prepare a large bowl of ice water. Add the green beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and immediately plunge into the ice water. Let sit while you prepare the onions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the onions and mushrooms to the skillet and cook until well browned and caramelized. Add the vinegar, stir, and remove from heat.
- Drain the beans and transfer to a casserole dish. Drizzle with coconut milk and top with the mushrooms and onions. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the almonds before serving.