If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lightly charred cauliflower smothered with fresh pesto. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
cup fresh basil, tightly packed
tablespoons lemon juice
teaspoon Kosher salt
cup walnuts, chopped
cup Parmesan, grated
1/4 - 1/2
cups high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, combine garlic, basil, lemon juice, salt, walnuts, and Parmesan. Pulse until mixture is finely chopped, scraping down sides as needed. With the food processor running, slowly add olive oil. Start with ¼ cup and if pesto is too thick, add additional olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. Adjust seasoning to taste.
large head cauliflower
extra virgin olive oil
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower, leaving stem intact. Place the cauliflower on a cutting board with the core side up. Cut the cauliflower in half, exactly down the center of the core. Make another cut about ¾ inches from the midline on each half, leaving you with two steaks and some loose florets.
- Generously brush both sides of the cauliflower steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss loose florets with olive oil and salt as well and place them in a grill basket.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Place cauliflower steaks and grill basket on the grill and cook for about 8-12 minutes per side, checking occasionally. Cauliflower should be charred in spots and the core should be tender. Remove from heat.
- Smother cauliflower with pesto and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Cooked Over a Fire