If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my go-to salad for dinner parties, brunches, showers, etc. It's easy to make and very refreshing...everyone loves it. You can use any greens you like, I use romaine. You could probably use different varieties of vinegar as well! —2eatwellRD
For the Salad
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 4 chopped scallions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup sugared almonds
For the Dressing
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 tsp dried parlsey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- To make sugared almonds, sauté almonds with sugar under medium heat, stirring constantly as they start to brown. Remove from heat when all nuts are browned. This will happen fast, so don't walk away from stove! Lay out onto aluminum foil until cooled.
- Chop scallions and lettuce, add them to a large bowl.
- Chop celery into bite-size pieces, add to the salad bowl.
- Drain mandarin oranges and add to bowl.
- To make vinaigrette, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, parsley and dry mustard in small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil to blend.
- Pour dressing over salad. Top salad with sugared almonds.