If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was my attempt to recreate a basil chicken dish that I ordered at a Chinese restaurant. While my dish tastes nothing like the original, it still is quite satisfying. —Daniel Scher
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves, plus additional 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup rice, for serving
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a wok. Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and green onions and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken to wok, leaving undisturbed for one minute before stirring. Cook 3-4 minutes until chicken browns.
- Combine fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Add the sauce to the chicken and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the 1/4-cup basil to the chicken. Place rice onto the serving dishes and spoon the basil chicken on top. Sprinkle the remaining basil onto the chicken.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil