Author Notes: I altered this classic recipe to get vegan protein for myself and my vegan son. You can add or subtract any ingredients and still have a great salad. —Lisa Sieczka
Large Tomatoes (heirloom, beefsteak, salad, etc), cubed
ounces white beans (northern)
Red Onion (optional)
Basil Leaves, torn or lightly chopped
cup Walnuts, halved or lightly chopped
cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
cup Balsamic Vinegrette
tablespoons Lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in large bowl and toss.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Pour dressing over salad (to taste).
- Refridgerate 1 hour for best results.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil