If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After a long winter of kale Caesars and roasted beet salads, this spring market salad takes advantage of everything the early season farmers market has to offer. And believe it or not, it's inspired by a pre-packaged salad from Trader Joe's. —dailywaffle
For the Salad
- 2 large handfuls spring mix
- 1/2 mango, diced (Tommy Atkins preferred)
- 1-2 radishes, julienned
- 1 green onion, white and green parts sliced on the bias
- 2 ounces sugar snap peas (about 15 peas)
- 1/2 cup (about 3.5 oz) frozen mango chunks, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola (or vegetable) oil
- In a food processor, puree the thawed mango chunks until smooth. Add the sesame oil, ginger lemon juice and a pinch of salt and process until incorporated. With the machine running, add the canola oil
- Put the spring mix, sugar snaps, half the radish, and green onion in a large bowl. Toss with 2 T. mango vinaigrette.
- Arrange the salad on a large plate or serving dish and top with remaining radish and fresh mango. Drizzle on additional vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper to taste.