Author Notes: I once made a Bobby Flay relish that was a lovely blend of Grilled Nectarines, Pine Nuts, Bleu Cheese, Basil & Honey. It dawned on me that this might be a great pizza topping and indeed it was! —swimrsal
cup Gorgonzola Cheese (crumbled)
cup Pine Nuts
Slivered Basil Leaves
- Make your favorite Pizza Dough and spread out on pizza stone. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Halve Nectarines and Brush with Olive Oil.
- Grill Nectarines on both sides for a couple of minutes per side.
- Once slightly cooled, slice Nectarines and arrange on Pizza Crust.
- Top Nectarines with Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese.
- Toast Pine Nuts in a small skillet over medium heat. Shake the pan every 30 seconds until browned and immediately remove from pan. Once cooled, sprinkle over Gorgonzola Cheese.
- Drizzle Honey over the Pizza
- Bake for 15 minutes or until Pizza Crust is to desired done-ness.
- Arrange slivered Basil all over Pizza.
- Allow Pizza to cool slightly, slice & serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil