Author Notes: This recipe was created to take along for our first tailgate of the season. It was an early game, kickoff at noon, so I needed something I could make the night before, heat up for 30 minutes before heading down town and easily eat on a picnic blanket. This was the perfect pre-game brunch. —Sweet Life Kitchen
prepared pie crust
cup chopped sweet white onion
cup chopped red & green bell pepper
pieces bacon, cooked, cooled and chopped
dashes hot sauce
cup shredded cheese
- Lightly grease a removable-bottom-non-stick tart pan and pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay the pie crust as centered as possible into the pan and lightly press a piece of foil on top of the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove foil, reduce heat to 350 and bake another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle hot crust with 1/2 of the shredded cheese, set aside and let cool.
- In a medium pan saute a the onions and bell peppers with a little butter, about 3 minutes until they get a little soft...
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, add milk, a few dashes of hot sauce, a little bitty pinch of salt and some fresh ground black pepper and stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Sprinkle the chopped, cooked bacon and the onion/pepper mix as evenly as possible in the pie crust on top of the cheese layer.
- Pour the egg mix in and top with the rest of the shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Let cool, slice up and ENJOY!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs