If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was created to take along for our first tailgate of the season. It was an early game, kickoff at noon, so I needed something I could make the night before, heat up for 30 minutes before heading down town and easily eat on a picnic blanket. This was the perfect pre-game brunch. —Sweet Life Kitchen
prepared pie crust
cup chopped sweet white onion
cup chopped red & green bell pepper
pieces bacon, cooked, cooled and chopped
dashes hot sauce
cup shredded cheese
- Lightly grease a removable-bottom-non-stick tart pan and pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay the pie crust as centered as possible into the pan and lightly press a piece of foil on top of the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove foil, reduce heat to 350 and bake another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle hot crust with 1/2 of the shredded cheese, set aside and let cool.
- In a medium pan saute a the onions and bell peppers with a little butter, about 3 minutes until they get a little soft...
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, add milk, a few dashes of hot sauce, a little bitty pinch of salt and some fresh ground black pepper and stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Sprinkle the chopped, cooked bacon and the onion/pepper mix as evenly as possible in the pie crust on top of the cheese layer.
- Pour the egg mix in and top with the rest of the shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Let cool, slice up and ENJOY!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs