Author Notes: I originally posted these cookes on the fabulous (not)recipe app after whipping them up quite quickly and only with rough measurements. Luckily, I wrote down the quantities :D
I sprinkled homemade vanilla sea salt on top of the cookies, but any normal sea salt will do just fine. —cakescarina
Makes: 20 cookies
teaspoon vanilla extract
grams honey (if possible not runny)
grams whole wheat flour
grams milk chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Melt the butter on a low heat in sauce pan. Whisk in the honey and the vanilla extract. Set aside to cool. Then add the eggs and stir until smooth.
- Put half of the oats in a food processor and whiz them up to oat flour. Mix with remaining oats, whole wheat flour, sugar and salt.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix the dry ingredients into the butter-honey-mixture. The dough should hold together while still being a bit wet.
- Use a teaspoon to heap the dough onto the baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned and the tops are still soft to touch. Let them cool down completely before decorating them.
- Gently melt the chocolate over a bain-marie. Top each cookie with a generous teaspoon of chocolate and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.