If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The fresh flavors of spring shine in this dish with simple grilled chicken and asparagus over quinoa with cherry tomatoes and a creamy balsamic dressing. —Allyson
For the bowls
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil/coconut oil
- 1 dash garlic powder
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Heat grill to medium high heat
- Remove bottoms of asparagus by snapping at the end. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and reserve.
- Drizzle chicken breast with oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and add to the hot grill and cover. Cook for 4-5 minutes, flip, and add asparagus. Continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Allow chicken to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- While chicken and asparagus grill, add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan and bring to high heat, allow to reduce for 3-4 minutes.
- Add reduced balsamic vinegar to yogurt along with mustard. Stir to combine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add quinoa to two bowls and top with asparagus, sliced chicken, avocado, and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing and eat!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Chicken