If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I grew up in Greece. Basil is everywhere! My grandmother would make this for me at least a few times a week. Not only did we have fresh basil we had fresh eggs from our chickens! I think of my childhood and my grandmother every time I eat eggs with basil. Make sure you have a slice of bread to mop up the yummy olive oil! —frantseska
- 2 brown eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- pinches coarse sea salt
- pinches freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a non-stick pan with the extra-virgin olive oil on medium heat. When the oil gets hot add your two brown eggs. As the eggs cook, take a spoon and drizzle the hot olive oil on the egg yolks until cooked to your liking. With a spatula place the eggs on a plate. Drizzle remaining oil from the pan on the eggs. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Julienne your fresh basil and sprinkle on the eggs. Use your favorite slice of bread to mop up the yolk with olive oil and the fresh basil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil