If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was shared from Chef Brenden Collins of Birch. —Jen Pinkston
Makes 6 cobs
- 6 yellow ears of corn
- 2 ounces chopped black truffle
- 1 pound white mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 10 ounces grated parmesan
- 1 ounce white truffle oil
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take ½ the butter and cook in a pan over medium high heat until dark brown and nutty smelling, (3-5 minutes)pass through a coffee filter and place in the freezer until hard
- Mix together the mascarpone, parmesan, ½ the truffle oil and ½ the chopped truffle, season to taste and place in the fridge until later
- Slice mushrooms and chop the garlic
- In a hot sauté pan add a little oil and sauté the mushrooms and garlic with a pinch of salt for 45 seconds, place in a strainer or a towel and squeeze out all the juice (if you squeeze hard enough you’ll get about 3floz
- In a small sauce pan bring mushroom stock to the boil reduce heat to low add the truffles and slowly add the remaining butter , then add the brown butter season with salt and pepper a couple of drops of lemon juice and the remaining truffle oil keep warm.
- Grill the corn
- Spread out the mascarpone on a plate or serving dish place the corn on top, spoon the butter sauce over
- have your truffle over the corn and enjoy