If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looking for an alternative to your standard Mimosa or Bloody? The Absolut Melon Baller starts with fresh cantaloupe juice!
—garlic and zest
for cantaloupe juice:
- 3 cups cantaloupe, cut into chunks
for each cocktail:
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe juice
- 1/2 ounce Triple Sec
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces Absolut Vodka
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
- fresh cantaloupe, either cut into squares or scooped into rounds using a melon baller for garnish (optional)
- fresh rosemary sprigs for each cocktail for garnish (optional)
- Add the chunks of cantaloupe to a blender and pulse until the fruit is completely pureed. Pour the cantaloupe puree through a fine mesh sieve, pressing on the solids. It should yield about 2 cups of fresh juice - enough for 4 cocktails. Discard solids.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the rosemary until it's bruised and fragrant. Add the cantaloupe juice, triple sec, simple syrup and vodka. Add ice, secure the top of the shaker and shake vigorously. Pour into a glass (removing the bruised rosemary leaves if desired). Garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary and cantaloupe. Serve.