If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An out of the box creation in my kitchen the transformation of Mexican Quesadilla with Fresh basil and Indian curry Powder .The recipe has a well balanced mixture of carbs, proteins and veggies.Tip: When you place the mixture between the flour tortillas make sure the mixture is hot as this will render the cheese to melt. Also, do not add lot of salt to the mixture as canned black beans and cheese are sometimes salty. You can try the gluten free version of the same with brown rice tortillas instead of using flour tortillas. Serve hot. —Vinaya
- 9 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 fresh roma tomato chopped
- 4 Flour Tortillas or brown rice tortillas for the gluten free version
- 1/4 cup yellow corn niblets
- 1/4 cup canned black beans
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Few corrianer leaves to garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup Red onion chopped
- 3 teaspoons Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend or Shredded mozarella cheese
- As per taste Salt
- Method: Heat oil in a pan. Saute onions till they are translucent add bell peppers and mushrooms, saute for a minute. Add garlic powder, curry powder, boiled corn, black beans, tomatoes, salt as per taste and black pepper powder. Mix well for a minute, take this mixture off the stove, garnish with fresh basil and corriander leaves. Warm the flour tortillas, keep the hot veggie mixture topped with cheese in between them, cut into traingles and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil