If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A lovely light salad for a springtime luncheon or dinner. Fresh vegetables, chicken and tangy dressing make this a perfect pairing to welcome spring! —BerryBaby
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a shallow baking dish place chicken breasts and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Cover with foil and place in pre-heated 375 degree oven.
- After 15 minutes remove foil and continue roasting until internal temperature is 160 degrees. Approximately additional 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, set aside to cool.
- When cool, cut into one inch chunks.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Salad and Dressing
cups Butter or Iceberg lettuce
Stalks of celery
cup Red pepper (yellow or orange can be used)
cup Curly parsley
cup Olive oil
cup Sesame oil
cup Rice vinegar
tablespoons Low sodium soy sauce
teaspoon Fresh ground black pepper
tablespoons Toasted sesame seeds
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces.
- Rinse, dry and place in refrigerator.
- Chop the radishes, celery, red pepper.
- Tear off the the tops of the curly parsley, discard stems.
- Add the vegetables to the lettuce, toss and place back in the refrigerator.
- In a jar add olive and sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover and shake until well blended. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add the chicken breast pieces to the vegetable salad and toss together.
- Pour salad dressing into a large bowl and add the vegetables and chicken.
- Toss salad to coat.
- Place equal portions on four salad plates, sprinkle with Toasted Sesame Seeds, serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Chicken
More Great Recipes: