If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy and delicious recipe that takes advantage of Spring herbs. The creamy sauce can be made ahead of time to use for an easy weeknight dinner. It's become a family favorite in my house. The sauce verte is based on a NY Times recipe I adapted. —Leith Devine
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in
- 2 tablespoons herbs de provence
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons pimente d'esplette or smoked paprika
- 1 lemon
Sauce Verte (Green Sauce)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- Chicken: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the spices together. Add lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Chicken may be BBQd if desired!
- Spread spice mixture on chicken and place in a baking pan.
- Cook for 1 to 1/12 hours or until juices run clean and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- While chicken is cooking, make the sauce.
- Sauce: In a food processor, combine all ingredients and process until smooth.
- Add additional salt and pepper as needed.
- The sauce is excellent on fish as well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Chicken