Author Notes: Just a combination of my favorite things, pasta, lemon basil and salmon. —Colleen Flynn
garlic clove, minced
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon fresh black pepper
4( 4 oz.)
ounces salmon filets
cup chopped fresh basil
tablespoons lemon juice
cups fresh baby spinach leaves
pound whole wheat spaghetti
In This Recipe
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add the spaghetti, stir for 30 seconds( lower heat but maintain a boil) and cook until al dente about 8 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, saute 1 clove minced garlic in 3 T. olive oil until fragrant (do not brown). Drain the spaghetti and transfer to a large bowl. Add the minced garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss.
- In a medium skillet warm 1 T. olive oil over medium/ high heat.Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. When the oil is warm add the salmon fillets. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes per side (depends on the thickness of the fish). When done, remove the salmon from the pan.
- Now add the basil, lemon juice and lemon zest to the spaghetti. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1/2 c. fresh baby spinach on each plate. Top with whole wheat spaghetti. Now top spaghetti with a salmon filet.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil