Author Notes: This is a super quick, easy & delish home cooked dish. Tips: Don't over cook the clams. - idalingi —idalingi
Food52 Review: This fast and easy stir fry has hints of ginger and spice from the chile. I would serve with rice to sop up some of the delicious salty liquid. Be sure to get a basil leaf in every bite. - Stephanie —The Editors
pound fresh clams
cups fresh basil leaves
cloves of garlic, minced
planks of ginger
chili pepper, remove the ribs and seeds, sliced
tablespoons low sodium/light soy sauce
tablespoon cooking rice wine/sake/white wine
pinch salt & pepper to taste
- Clean main ingredients thoroughly, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in pan, sauté ginger, garlic and pepper until fragrant.
- Turn stove to high, toss in the clams, add soy sauce, wine and water, stir continuously for a minute and cover for 3 minutes or until most of the clams open.
- Add basil leaves stir for a minute and turn off the stove. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil