If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother made this when I was a kid. —ConnieD
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 - 20 ounces can pineapple chunks
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 - 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 325 deg.
- Spray 9 x 9 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Drain pineapple juice into bowl.
- Combine pineapple juice, egg, flour, sugar and red pepper flakes.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until slightly melted.
- Add basil and stir to incorporate.
- Arrange pineapple in casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over pineapple.
- Bake at 325 deg. for 30 min.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil