Author Notes: My mother made this when I was a kid. —ConnieD
non-stick cooking spray
1 - 20
ounces can pineapple chunks
teaspoon red pepper flakes
cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 - 1/2
tablespoons chopped fresh basil
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 deg.
- Spray 9 x 9 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Drain pineapple juice into bowl.
- Combine pineapple juice, egg, flour, sugar and red pepper flakes.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until slightly melted.
- Add basil and stir to incorporate.
- Arrange pineapple in casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over pineapple.
- Bake at 325 deg. for 30 min.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil