If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy and healthy one-pot chili is a great dish to enjoy this Cinco de Mayo or anytime!
—Karrie / Tasty Ever After
- 1 1/4 pounds grass fed ground beef
- 1/2 pound fresh chorizo
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 whole fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 cups good quality beef broth, homemade or store bought
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15.5 ounces) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 ounces) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 ounces) can small red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 ounces) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Optional accompaniments: freshly shredded cheese, diced avocados, pico de gallo, sour cream, tortilla chips, crackers, fresh chopped cilantro, minced jalapenos
- Place a large dutch oven over medium high heat and brown the ground beef and chorizo. Add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic to the and cook for about 5 minutes, until just cooked through. Add all of the remaining ingredients, stir well, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until chili has thicken and all flavors are combined, about 30-35 minutes. Serve immediately with any of the optional accompaniments.