If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here's a Sunday morning crowd pleaser that we promise will pair perfectly with your coffee. Each crunchy, flavor-filled bite of banana, chocolate chips and pecans is better than the last. If you don't eat them all hot out of the oven, the next day try cutting them in half and heating up in a skillet with butter for a crispy, decadent, and (relatively) guilt-free experience. —BE at home
- 1.5 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Crushed Pecans
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the muffin batter, start with the wet ingredients. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar with a whisk until creamy.
- Add milk, almond extract, vanilla extract, egg, and bananas (I mush the bananas in my hands while adding them to make them easier to incorporate). Whisk together gently until all ingredients are incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir together with a large spoon.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl, mixing with spoon until all the flour is wet (note: do not overmix). Fold in chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, make the Crumble Top. Combine pecans, granulated sugar, honey, and cinnamon, and mix until pecans are fully coated.
- Grease a large muffin tin with butter, and pour in batter, filling each muffin to the top. Sprinkle pecan mixture generously on top.
- Cook in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20-22 minutes, or until fully cooked inside (test for doneness using a toothpick).
- Remove from oven and let tin cool off for 15 minutes, then transfer muffins out of tin onto plate or wire rack to finish cooling.