If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you coat swordfish in Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and bake a golden brown crust forms. The red pepper flakes and lemon zest spiced coating gives the flavorful swordfish a crispy texture without the extra greasiness of being fried. The baked swordfish turns out crunchy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. The simple aioli makes the perfect creamy dipping sauce. —Garden Gate Kate
Crispy Parmesan Swordfish
- 1 1/2 pounds swordfish steak, side skin removed and cut into 1 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Creamy Aioli Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pat swordfish dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl combine whole wheat flour, salt and pepper. Place the egg whites in another bowl and beat until frothy, about 30 seconds with a fork. Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest in a third bowl.
- Coat the swordfish pieces in the seasoned flour and pat to remove any excess flour. Dip the floured swordfish in the egg whites and then into the Parmesan mixture, gently pressing the mixture into the fish. Place the breaded swordfish pieces on an oiled baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with the olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until just cooked through and golden brown.
- For the Aioli Dipping Sauce: mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, Dijon mustard, and parsley in a small dipping bowl.
- Serve the crispy parmesan swordfish with the aioli dipping sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Swordfish Recipe