If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Smoky Salt and Vinegar Potato Salad – full of tangy smoky flavored baby yukon potatoes, crispy bacon, fresh green onions, parsley and smoked salt. —Holly
For The Potatoes:
- 2 pounds baby yukon gold potatoes
- 10 pieces baked bacon, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsely
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke for steaming, plus 1/4 teaspoon for marinade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked salt (use 1/2 teaspoon for marinade, and 1/2 teaspoon for baking)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For The Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- smoked salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake the bacon on a tin foil lined baking sheet (for easy clean up) for 13-15 minutes or until moderately crispy.
- While cooking the bacon place the potatoes in a pot on the stove. Add ¾ cup cider vinegar, ½ cup water and 1 tablespoon liquid smoke. Cover and steam over medium-medium low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and place on paper towels, dab to remove some of the grease. (Leave the oven on to bake the potatoes.)
- When potatoes are cooked drain and discard liquid and cut eat potatoes in half cross wide and place in a large bowl.
- Mix together ¼ cup cider vinegar ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke, ½ teaspoon smoked salt and pepper. Pour over cut potatoes and fold in several times.
- With a slotted spoon place potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the potatoes and toss with hands. sprinkle with ½ teaspoon smoked salt and place cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and golden. (Discard the vinegar mixture after using.)
- While the potatoes are baking mix together all the dressing ingredients.
- Remove potatoes and from the oven, place them in a large bowl and add chopped bacon, green onions, parsley and the dressing. Fold all the mixture together and serve warm.