If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I learned many curry recipes while I studied in India but this time I decided to commandeer my own–tofu coconut curry to cure all your travel bugs and curry cravings! It's vegetarian, light, comforting, and full of flavors.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic cloved, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 4 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 quart unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup 10% Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 block of soft tofu
- First, remove the tofu from its packaging and wrap it in a clean dish towel that is thick enough to absorb its water. Allow to sit in the refrigerator wrapped in the towel for at least two hours. I advise doing this step before you leave for work, for example, in the morning and continuing the recipe when you return.
- Melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat and add the chopped onions, lime juice, and bay leaf. Allow the onions to cook until clear and soft but not brown. Add the minced garlic and curry powder and cook for another five minutes on low heat. Do not allow the garlic to brown.
- Add 3 cups of coconut milk, yogurt, honey, salt, and golden raisins. Cover and simmer over low heat for thirty minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove the tofu from the towel and cut into 1” cubes. Add the remaining coconut milk, tofu, and continue to let the curry simmer over low heat for another fifteen minutes. Serve over basmati or brown rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with Tofu