If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a gorgeous Persian-style dip which can be enjoyed with potato chips, crackers, or bread. It is also a lovely accompaniment to any sort of grilled meat. —shayma
Serves: 4 to 6
cups full-fat yogurt (strained/Greek-style)
pickling cucumbers (or 1 English cucumber), peeled, halved, seeded, and grated
cup chopped walnuts
clove garlic, minced
tablespoon dried mint, plus extra for garnish
teaspoon sea salt, plus more if needed
dried rose petals (optional)
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- In a medium bowl, add yogurt, cucumber, walnuts, garlic, mint, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving dish.
- Lightly sprinkle with extra dried mint and, if using, dried rose petals.
- Drizzle with your best extra-virgin olive oil.
- NOTE: When preparing this recipe in advance, do not add the cucumber to the yogurt. Keep the grated cucumber and the yogurt mixture in separate containers, covered, in the refrigerator. Drain the cucumber in a sieve before stirring the solids into the yogurt mixture.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!