This recipe is perfect for the fall, when zucchini is in season. It is simple, delicious, and tasty!
This recipe is perfect for the fall, when zucchini is in season. It is simple, delicious, and tasty!—Ambitious
cups fresh grated zucchini
cup freshly grated reggiano parmigiano
cup whole milk
cup whole wheat bread crumbs
cup fresh minced parsley
cup fresh minced basil
medium minced shallots
teaspoons Extra virgin olive oil
teaspoon vanilla extract
dash fresh ground pepper
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a heated cast iron pan coated with 2 teaspoons of oil, cook shallots until translucent, for about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini to the pan.
- Cook on medium heat until all the water from the zucchini has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk and eggs, making sure to break apart the yolks.
- Add salt, pepper, and vanilla to the egg mixture. Stir well. Add bread crumbs and grated cheese.
- Add cooked zucchini, shallots and herbs to the mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture into cast iron skillet.
- Cook at 350 for 25 minutes, until the middle comes out clean when inserted with a stick. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs