If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is very forgiving. No spinach? Use scallions. No white miso? Use red. No peas? Hubby doesn't care for them anyway. TIP! To avoid salty miso lumps in your soup, whisk miso into a small amount of hot liquid until smooth, then add to the soup. —ohyoucook
cup peas (if frozen, do not defrost)
rolled segment (from package of 6) rice noodes, broken
cup dried seaweed, any style
tablespoons white (or red) miso
cup lightly packed baby spinach, rinsed
cup firm or extra firm tofu, 1/2-inch dice
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Add peas and carrots. Return to a gentle boil, then add rice noodles; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add seaweed; continue to simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove about 1/4 cup of the liquid; whisk in miso until smooth, then return mixture to the soup.
- Add spinach. Let wilt, which happens quickly, then tofu.
- Remove from heat. Divide soup between 2 soup bowls; serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with Tofu